Friday, February 12, 2016

African Print Dress


OMG! I know, I've been silent for so long! I've just been really busy but I've been sewing here and there. I made a couple of outfits that I'm going to share in the next several weeks. I can't wait to catch up with what everybody's been making. 

So, my sister-in-law sent me this beautiful fabric from Africa...I think it's originally from Mozambique. It's 100% cotton so I definitely had to shrink it all the way before attempting to make anything out of it. I absolutely love the color! 

I used Simplicity 1883 - it's a great, simple pattern for a summer dress. 

Hope you all have a wonderful 2016!



13 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back! IYou created a nice dress from a gorgeous fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Love the border design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning in every way!! What a lovely dress, and you look gorgeous in this colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, you look very stunning in this dress! I love your fabric selection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely to see you back - I assumed that you had many demands over the last year or so. The dress is lovely - what a special piece of fabric this is...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, so happy you are back. Pretty fabric and dress, you look great :)

    ReplyDelete