Sunday, September 3, 2017

Simplicity 3833 Dress


Hi folks! I hope you all had a wonderful summer. I can't believe fall is around the corner and I didn't get to sew as much as I had planned for summer. This dress was part of my summer sewing plans and I finally got the chance to complete it. I really love the fabric - my co-worker brought it from China last year. It's very soft and feels great on the skin, plus it irons so beautifully. Since the fabric is so busy with the florals, I wanted to use a simple pattern with it - too much detail wouldn't show anyway. The pattern is a 1960s retro and really makes a quick sew; I made view C.



The fabric does wrinkle quickly, though. This was after wearing it to church. I wish I'd made it earlier in the summer, but we still have about two months of warm weather so I'll still be able to wear it a couple of times. 


I definitely want to make at least 2 more versions of this dress, and I think a heavier fall fabric could work, too. Now I need to work on my fall plans 😉.

Happy Sewing!! 

20 comments:

  1. This is pretty and the florals are perfect for a late summer dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made such a pretty floral dress! I love that your coworker brought it from China. I can't wait to see what you are planning for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous dress. I love the colorful happy print.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful dress. The fabric is so pretty and looks great on you. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous! The fabric is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful dress and fabric. You look great in it 😍

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! It looks fab on you. I can't see any wrinkles, it's so cute fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely so pretty on you. And with such a pattern, a few wrinkles will not be obvious. Yes, you must make another version of this, it is such a classic style.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is super cute on you! I love the pretty floral, and I'm sure even as the weather cools off for you, you can wear it with tights and boots, and jacket and it would still look perfectly seasonally appropriate :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of that. You're right - I could wear it through the fall season. Thanks Carolyn.

      Delete