Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Inspiration │ Decorating Garments with Embroidery


This week in China there was a fashion show for garments decorated with Chinese embroidery. Their embroidery is hand-made using many different types of silk threads. This particular fashion show was for a type of embroidery called 'Suzhou', which was developed in Suzhou, China, more than 2000 years ago. I like how they were able to incorporate embroidery into the garments without making them look too much over-the-top. 


It's amazing how much time and dedication they put towards making the embroidery. Most of the Suzhou embroidery art features flowers and birds. 


My sewing machine doesn't have embroidery features, but I wonder how much decoration can be done using modern sewing machines. If done right, the embroidery can really make a garment stand out. 



Hope you're all having a wonderful week. Happy sewing!! 

8 comments:

  1. I think the embroidery is beautiful! Funny, it makes me think of the young man on Project Runway Jr. who used embroidery in his designs, but didn't make it to the finals. He definitely was on to something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been watching PR Jr., but those kids are so talented. I wonder when the new season for PR is starting.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the eye candy. Beautiful embroidery indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the great article! These are beautiful works. If I have a chance, I would like to do hand embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love embroidery. It's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete