Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Another African Shirt For My Husband


I made another African shirt for my husband - yay! I'm starting to get the hang of making mens' basic shirts. It really goes much quicker than when I make my own clothing. I had some leftover fabric from a dress that I made for my sister-in-law. I definitely want to make more of these shirts. My husband and I really like African fabrics. I have another ankara print that I'm still deciding what to make with it. 


I used the first shirt I made for him as the pattern for this one, but lengthened it a bit. The fabric is lightweight cotton so it's perfect for our hot and humid weather in Texas. Now I can get back to making something for myself, lol. 

I hope you're all having a wonderful week. Happy Sewing!

18 comments:

  1. You did a great job! I find that sewing for others goes much quicker than sewing for myself too. I wonder why that is??... African prints are just beautiful! I hope to sew one in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vanessa. I really love african prints. I find that men's clothes go much quicker because they don't have as much fitting issues as we have.

      Delete
  2. This shirt looks fantastic too, that print is pretty cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I love that shirt, especially fabric choice is really nice. I have some African fabrics.Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see what you make with your African fabric. Thanks Eli.

      Delete
  4. Nice job! I really like the print.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Faye. I really love the print as well.

      Delete
  5. Love the shirt...and love the fabric.. Great job.
    I had a pattern similar to this, and made my husband several in white.. He was working in hospital as EMT while going to school.. He loved them, and said they were so comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be nice to actually have the pattern. I haven't had much luck finding simple patterns for men.

      Delete
  6. What a great shirt! It fits him quite nicely and I LOVE the fabric - the elephants are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work! It fits him perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice Olivia! I truly love this fabric and the style on your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Myra. I really like this style on him too. I want to make more of these shirts.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful work! We are seeing an overwhelming wave of beautiful african prints in the NYC garment district. You're giving me ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mimi. African prints are so popular now. I saw some really nice african fabric on Ebay at reasonable prices. I think I'm going to buy some for his next shirt.

      Delete