Wednesday, November 30, 2016

New Look A6053 Skirt


I finally made something out of the fabric stash that my co-worker brought me from China. This skirt is view C of New Look 6053. I've made views A and B before. It's a very simple pattern with a zipper on the side. I fully lined the skirt because the fabric is pretty lightweight. The fabric was very easy to sew with, and it irons so beautifully but it does get creased quickly too. Overall I'm very pleased with the way it turned out; unfortunately with the cold weather coming up I won't be able to wear it much until spring. 


The print is so beautiful. I love the length of the skirt as well - it reminds me of the gabriola by Sewaholic. A couple of more views below:



This skirt will be my garment for November MAGAM. The theme this month is 'natural' and I think this fabric fits the theme well with its beautiful flowers.


I hope you all have a wonderful week. Happy Sewing!

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!This is incredible! Your skirt is so much better than the pattern photo. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Eli. I really love the fabric.

      Delete
  2. Lovely skirt! How do you have access to such amazing networks that get you wonderful fabric!?!?! I know you will treasure this every time you wear it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm so so grateful. The fabric feels so great on the skin and the print is amazing. Thanks, Vanessa.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful skirt and the fabric is gorgeous.. Looks so pretty on you.
    I have this pattern, and have make it several times.. It is so comfortable, isnt it?
    Happy sewing and Hope you and family have a blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy; it is very comfortable. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas as well.

      Delete
  4. Wow! Beautiful fabric and a great use of it too! I bet you can't wait to spring to wear it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Myra. I'm definitely going to get a lot of wear out of this one.

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry, I missed this post earlier. What a very nice skirt - a real classic. This will work for you for years.

    ReplyDelete