Sunday, August 7, 2016

GO TEAM USA!! & S1101 Dress


Let the games begin indeed! I'm gonna be wearing this patriotic dress while watching the Olympic games this month and hoping for Team USA to get as many gold medals as possible. The pattern is another Jiffy (surprise, surprise!), and comes together really quickly. I really love the pattern so I know more versions will be made soon. 


I love the straps at the back! The fabric is from JoAnn - it was on sale during the Fourth of July weekend. It was such a fun dress to make, and it's very comfortable. 


Hoping and praying that all our athletes have a safe stay in Brazil.Go Team USA!!



27 comments:

  1. love the fabric, great pattern choice and dress is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun dress - I love it! What type of fabric is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa. The fabric is 100% cotton.

      Delete
  3. Very cute dress! Love those straps too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What team spirit! I love how there is seiwng inspiration everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! That's one of the things I love most about sewing.

      Delete
  5. Very cute! What a pretty dress! I've never been to JoAnn. I am so jealous you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eli. I wonder if they have stores over there in Japan?

      Delete
  6. I didn't see this post come through - I think the new Bloglovin feed distracted me. Still, I check from time to time to make sure I don't miss a sewing friend's post. I love this dress - it's fun and playful (just right for games!), but smart as well. Enjoy wearing it and watching the games.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes my Bloglovin feed takes a while to update too. Thanks Sarah, I'm definitely enjoying both the games and the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dress is so cute! and gorgeous pattern in a fun print. You could probably get lots of wear out of it, you guys dress up for the 4th of July too, yes? I hope you enjoy the games :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks a lot, Carolyn. Yes, we wear a lot of patriotic outfits for July 4th, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Precioso vestido, me encantan los colores americanos.
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  11. Precioso vestido, me encantan los colores americanos.
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias, Reme. Quería un vestido con colores americanos para mostrar mi apoyo en los juegos Olímpicos.

      Delete
  12. That combination of pattern and fabric is great !!! It was a very fun dress, love it !!

    ReplyDelete