This Butterick pattern is very similar to this Threadcount pattern - the Threadcount version is available for free in pdf. Initially I was going to make the dress using the Threadcount pattern but it comes in 57 pages that need to be cut and taped together again! It's definitely a lot of work so I was very thrilled to find the Butterick version at the recent pattern sale at JoAnn. The pattern comes with 5 main pattern pieces, and comes together pretty quickly. For the bodice, it has separate pieces for cup sizes A/B, C, and D. Since my normal cup size is D - I just went ahead and used the size D pattern piece - bad move!! Their cup sizes are a bit bigger than regular bra sizes so my dress has excess fabric around the bust. Next time I'll have to use the C-cup pattern piece.
The pattern comes with a belt - but I didn't have enough fabric to make the belt. When I bought this fabric I intended to make a top. The fabric is a silky print and it was really great to work with - it irons so well and feels great on the skin. I'd definitely like to make another version - probably in linen.
I hope you all have a wonderful week. Happy Sewing!!