Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Simplicity 1059 Dress


Another Jiffy pattern - they work well for my schedule right now so I'm totally going to become the "jiffy lady". This pattern has been sitting in my stash for a while now - I wish I'd gotten to it sooner. I can see myself making more versions of this dress for the summer. The dress doesn't have bust darts - it has shoulder darts at the front and back. That was a first for me but I love how it came out. 


I only had 1.5 yards of this fabric because when I bought it I thought I was going to make a top. So I used a different fabric for the facings. Luckily I was able to fit all the pieces onto the 1.5 yards - this fabric works so well for the pattern. 


I love it much more with the sash from the same fabric - but you can wear the dress with a regular belt. I tried it with a black belt but I didn't like how it looked. 


I hope you all are having a great week. Happy Sewing!!




22 comments:

  1. This is so lovely! I checked out the pattern (love Jiffy patterns) and wasn't sure about it, but your version has convinced me that I should make it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dress is so gorgeous! I had to go and check out the pattern. I don't have this pattern, but I'm certainly going to pick it up at the next sale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Candice. You're definitely going to love this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This dress has to be my favorite on you! You definitely make the Jiffy lady look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol,thanks Vanessa! That makes me feel great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful seamstress you are. I love your clothing choices. Absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much, Jacki. That means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is nothing wrong with simple to sew garments - you are a busy lady, so they are a great idea. And simple shapes look nice on you - too much fussiness would overwhelm your slim shape. And I think you are a more reserved and classic type, so again, this style is right. Look forward to seeing your next version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sarah. You are so encouraging.

      Delete
  9. You used only 1.5yards? Unbelievable! I really love the dress. It's a perfect job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know; I'm so glad it fit. The fabric was about 60 inches wide, so that definitely helped a lot. Thanks Cat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty dress and it suits you perfectly. Love the simple style :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look super pretty in this dress! I've got a feeling you look fabulous in everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, thank you so much, Carolyn.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty, I have this pattern made it last summer but didn't turn out the way I wanted, I plan to try it again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you. You should definitely try it again - it's such a great pattern. Goodluck!

    ReplyDelete