Saturday, April 30, 2016

NL A6053 Skirt & S8523 Top


I'm starting to work on my summer wardrobe - I need a lot of basics for the warm weather. This is my second version of this skirt; last time I made it in a longer length. The pattern is very simple and goes well with most types of fabrics. For the top I used Simplicity 8523 - view F. This pattern comes with a variety of necklines so I plan on using it to make several tops for summer. 


I really like both of the fabrics - the white one is very delicate and frays a lot so my serger definitely came in handy. They are both lightweight and perfect for warm temperatures.

I hope you are all having a great weekend. Happy sewing!!

19 comments:

  1. Wow! I love both of these pieces so much! I'm starting to work on my summer wardrobe too; just to find the time to sew everything up,lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Candice. Finding time is definitely challenging.

      Delete
  2. Very nice! They are pretty good for the summer. The top looks comfy:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice top and skirt. This is my go-to top pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very versatile top - it's great to have a selection of mix and match pieces like you are planning to carry you through a week. Happy sewing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summer wardrobe!!!! I haven't even thought about it, lol!! Kudos to you for creating two wonderful pieces already. I look forward to seeing what else you create!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple and elegant, l love it.Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple and elegant, l love it.Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely outfit! They compliment each other nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a winning combination. I especially like the white against the floral.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love both pieces and they definitely are perfectt for summer! I actually have your top pattern and have had it for some time. I'm surprised that it is still in print! I guess that means it's a great basic top pattern that never goes out of style!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It really is a great pattern - I love all the neckline variations. I'm sure it's going to be my go-to top pattern for a while. Thanks Myra.

    ReplyDelete