Sunday, April 10, 2016

McCall's MP331 Dress


I'm so glad that this dress turned out well...the instructions for the bodice were not very clear to me. Sometimes I have a hard time understanding McCall's instructions. So I ended up just doing it my own way - which wasn't hard because the pattern only comes with a few pieces so it was pretty straight forward. The pattern comes with a waistband - but it looked so weird on me with the waistband. So after attaching the waistband I ended up having to remove it - so. not. fun! Trying to undo seams on a knit fabric is just horrible.


I really like the pattern - I always find myself buying patterns with a cowl neck. I totally need more variety! 


The fabric is a shiny ponte knit that I found on sale at JoAnn (as usual). It's very comfortable and the quality is great. 


Hope you have a wonderful week. Happy Sewing!



27 comments:

  1. Looks lovely - I agree, cowl necklines are just so elegant. And elegance becomes you - and so does the lovely shade of red. I agree, undoing knits is horrible - I usually end up making holes if I am not really careful. I hope I haven't missed any of your posts - I have been out of the blogosphere for the last two weeks - my computer suddenly died and it took a while to sort out the replacement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sarah. I'm glad you got your computer fixed.

      Delete
  2. What a great dress! The draping on the cowl neck is lovely, and looks really nice on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee, what a nice look on you! You make it look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dress looks great on you! What is the shoulder decoration on the pattern envelope? It looks...odd! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, the pattern has bow to decorate the shoulder. I thought it was weird too so I didn't even bother with it. Thanks Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really looks nice on you! I like it your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think if you like drapey necklines you should wear them! The dress is very cute on you! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the stress on you! It looks really beautiful and so happy you didn't put that bow on the shoulder, LOL! I love your color selection and if you had a black jacket that match pretty closely to the bottom, you'd have a nice suit too! I agree removing stitches from nets can be very cumbersome and sometimes downright difficult! Recently I learned that my seam ripper needed to be replaced and that made huge difference for me! We use those things so much that we forget they do get dull and need to be replaced, at least it was in my case!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks a lot, Myra. That's a great suggestion- it would definitely look great with a jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely dress and it suits you beautifully. Perfect fabric for cowl neck, it draped well :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Preciosos conjunto, muy elegante.
    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very chic! I really love the sleeves on this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!I'm so glad that I found the great blog. I love your fabric choice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute top. It hangs very well on you. I have never seen a ponte with that sheen on it, great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute top. It hangs very well on you. I have never seen a ponte with that sheen on it, great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks a lot, Denise. That's what I loved about the fabric - the sheen really makes it look great.

    ReplyDelete