Saturday, October 25, 2014

Simplicity 1417 Dress


The fourth quarter of the year is always busy for me, so unfortunately I haven't had much time for sewing and catching up with everybody's makes. It's funny how much I really miss the sewing community when life keeps me away from the blogosphere. Anyway, I ended up using Simplicity 1417 to make my birthday dress. I've had an eye on this pattern for a while. I love, love peplum dresses. 

The pattern is very simple and the dress comes together pretty quickly. I love the neckline as well.


Back view


Until next time, Happy Sewing!!


12 comments:

  1. Pretty birthday dress! I love peplum and you look great in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your birthday dress looks wonderful on you! I think the peplum makes it a real winner. Happy birthday, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Enjoy wearing this beautiful dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! And what a great dress to celebrate in. That quiet, elegant fabric really lets the lines of the dress shine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Lovely dress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday!! Love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, and wishing you many more. That's the perfect birthday dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday!!! This dress is amazing -- it transitions well from day to night. I agree that the neckline is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This dress suits you so well. It's one of those versatile dresses that can go on a date and go to the office. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very elegant.

    Follow me on GFC, I always follow back.
    WWW.HEKYMA.COM

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Great Dress, but what is the name of the little sleeve?

    ReplyDelete