Monday, September 15, 2014

Simplicity 6209 View B Dress


My first version of this dress is no bueno anymore. The dress was a bit tight on me and the fabric was stretchy, so the seams frayed. Oh well! So I decided to quickly make another one to replace it because I really like the pattern. I used the same size 8 pattern pieces that I had used before but this time I didn't do french seams. I love how it turned out this time, and it's in my favorite color - brown. 


The instructions are very easy to follow and this time it was a very quick sew for me. I think I'm falling in love with repeating past projects. 
I used a medium-weight polyester fabric. The dress is quite warm, even without lining; it's great for Fall.


Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful week. Happy sewing!

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you remade it so you can enjoy this dress. I purchased this pattern for the slit, but husband can't see it. I'm planning on making the other version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just visited your post about the first dress - the pattern is lovely.

    The shape suits you very nicely, it's such a nice dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The brown is pretty on you! And I agree with the sentiment of repeating past projects. I recently did the same thing, and I'm happy with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the neckline -- subtle and interesting. The brown looks perfect for fall/winter. I bet you will get a lot of wear out of this. I found that if I go back and remake a pattern I can do it faster and improve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very lovely dress, the neckline is so interesting. I use to repeat the old pattern too and I'm ok with that :-) Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great dress, love the neckline as well ... J

    ReplyDelete