Monday, September 8, 2014

McCall's 2818 Top & Burda Skirt


OMG! I could make ten of these tops, seriously. I bought this pattern at the McCall's 99c sale at JoAnn's. If you don't have this pattern in your stash, you really may want to get it. It's just too amazing! I love that it comes with four different necklines. The instructions are very easy to follow. I can't wait to make another one. The skirt pattern came from my summer Burda magazine. It's a simple skirt with darts at the back and a side zipper. Nothing fancy, but it was just perfect to go with my McCall's top. 


The top has buttons at the back. Sorry for the bad picture below; the top is actually straight. 



I hope you have a wonderful week. Happy sewing!



16 comments:

  1. I know the pattern now - it is lovely, and with a black skirt makes a great LBD alternative. It's very smart and very elegant. How on earth do you manage to do the buttons up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know; the buttons make it tricky to put on. But at the same time they make the top look very nice. Thanks Liz.

      Delete
  2. This iso nice on you!

    I've had this pattern in hand at many sales. I knew I should've snagged it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so flattering on you. I love the way you add those buttons in the back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice ensemble!!! It looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the button detail in the back. So very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I could not find an email address to contact you. I was wonderfing if you were interested in doing the Around the World Blog Hop? You answer four questions about your sewing process, then nominate two others. I will post on 9/15, you wouldn't have to post until 9/22. Please let me know at vanessarthomas at gmail dot com, and I can send more details.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say if I saw that blouse pattern I would pass right by it, but you made it look wonderful. What a smart put together ensemble. Your version makes me want to sew this. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this top and paired with the skirt I bet it is perfect for work! I just found your blog and so glad I did! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much, Elizabeth. I really love wearing it to work. It just looks so professional.

    ReplyDelete