Sunday, August 17, 2014

Two Sorbettos



Remember my unfinished sorbetto? I finally got it done last weekend, after making another sorbetto with leftover fabric from my second version of Simplicity A1523. I paired it with a high waisted skirt and it didn't look bad at all. This is such a great pattern for a tank top. It makes for a really quick sew. I'm definitely going to make more versions; you can never have too many tank tops in Texas.

I went to JoAnn's today and found out they've been having an amazing week-long sale on McCalls patterns - 99c each! I bought 10 of them; I'm so glad I didn't miss out.

I hope you all are enjoying the last few weeks of summer. Happy sewing!

9 comments:

  1. This top works nicely on your figure - woven tanks always look nice, and they are cool to wear too ( and Texas would be as hot as parts of Australia). The centre band makes the top look very elegant.

    I think you showed great restraint at the sale :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both sorbettos are a perfect fit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sorbettos.. They look very nice on you..
    This is such an awsome pattern.. I have made lots of them.. Need to make it again..
    I had forgotten, how much I like them.ha
    SO happy you got in on the 99 cent McCall pattern sale..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, both of your Sorbettos are so nice!! I'm glad you caught the Mccalls patterns on sale! I forgot all about buying the new Mimi G patterns when Simplicity when on sale for 99 cents at Hobby Lobby. Oh, well...it will come back around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They fit nicely! My favorite is this beautiful print.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much, all. Sorry I've been so busy lately.

    ReplyDelete