Friday, July 4, 2014

BurdaStyle Summer 2014


I finally bought myself a copy of BurdaStyle magazine. It arrived yesterday and I'm so excited to try their patterns. This issue comes with 20 of their new designs included on the pattern insert. I really like a lot of the patterns. I think the challenge for me is going to be in tracing the patterns, and sewing with limited instructions without pictures. 
I think Burda does this on purpose - the most gorgeous patterns are not included on the insert. They want you to purchase them for download online. 


I love the grey V-neck dress on the second row, and the cowl neck top at the bottom. 

All the Summer 2014 styles.

For those of you in the U.S., I hope you have a wonderful Fourth of July and enjoy the long weekend. 

Happy Sewing!

5 comments:

  1. Happy July 4 th to you too.. Hope you enjoy your burda book..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read other blogs that say the same thing about your version of Burda - it is a bit deceptive in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Burda does have some interesting designs. I have about three years worth of magazine. It is hard to sit and trace them. Good luck with your future projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that's interesting that all the designs are not all in your magazine! the versions we get here do have them all. How strange! and very disappointing. I can see that luckily the grey dress and the cowl top you liked are both there, which is good news though!

    ReplyDelete