Monday, July 14, 2014

Burda dress 138 05014-US - (Almost done)

The hem needs to be undone and straightened.

The hem is a total mess but the good thing is that it is easy to fix, so I'm going to work on it this weekend. Actually, the hem on the model's dress has the same problem, only not as bad as mine. I traced a plus-size pattern and had to adjust it from a size 44 to 36. Tracing turned out to not be as bad as I thought it would be; in fact, I really enjoyed it. While re-sizing the pattern, I somehow changed the neckline from a U to a V, which I absolutely don't mind, though. 

I used the pattern for the red, lace dress at the top of the picture below: 

Burda's instructions are certainly not the best (to me), but this is a simple pattern so I didn't have any major problems with it. I love the fabric I used for this dress; I found it on sale at JoAnn's. 

Happy sewing!

18 comments:

  1. I wonder what the problem is with the hemline? As you say, easy enough to fix, even if a bit tedious. Love the fabric and style on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking maybe it's because of the lining being cut on the bias. I'm gonna have to hem them separately. Thanks, Liz.

      Delete
  2. The V neck is looking much better than the original one. I love your fabric too, it looks so soft. I hope you manage to fix the hem :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also like the V neckline better. Thanks, Hana.

      Delete
  3. I think the dress looks great! Hooray for you for sewing Burda!!!!! I agree the tracing isn't bad, but I despise adding the seam allowances!! I know it is more useful for fitting it without, but adding them is a pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm so excited to finally try Burda. I think this is really going to help improve my sewing skills. Thanks, Vanessa.

      Delete
  4. I really like this fabric. The fit is great and as you mentioned, you'll fix the hem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fabric is really beautiful. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it at JoAnns. Thanks, Dorothy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very pretty. I love the fabric and its a great fit on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty and love your fabric choice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You look fabulous in that dress! The colour and print are amazing on you :)

    ReplyDelete