The hem needs to be undone and straightened.
The hem is a total mess but the good thing is that it is easy to fix, so I'm going to work on it this weekend. Actually, the hem on the model's dress has the same problem, only not as bad as mine. I traced a plus-size pattern and had to adjust it from a size 44 to 36. Tracing turned out to not be as bad as I thought it would be; in fact, I really enjoyed it. While re-sizing the pattern, I somehow changed the neckline from a U to a V, which I absolutely don't mind, though.
I used the pattern for the red, lace dress at the top of the picture below:
Burda's instructions are certainly not the best (to me), but this is a simple pattern so I didn't have any major problems with it. I love the fabric I used for this dress; I found it on sale at JoAnn's.