Sunday, May 11, 2014

Simplicity (Sew Simple) A1489 Tunic Top


Right now, my sewing formula is: Simple pattern + Beautiful fabric = Gorgeous garment.
Simple, easy patterns help me to better be able to fit sewing into my busy schedule. That's why I love the Sew Simple pattern range by Simplicity. This tunic top was such a quick and easy sew. I didn't make any changes to the pattern, and as always, the instructions were easy to follow.


I bought 1.5 yards of this silk blend fabric on sale for a total of $7.99, and thread for $1.99, bringing the total cost of this garment to $10.  I only have a strip of the fabric left over, which I'm going to use to make a scarf.        

The top is very comfortable and will be great to wear during the summer. 


By the way, the braid trim is an optional feature and I chose to go without it on my top.


Happy Mother's Day and happy sewing!

16 comments:

  1. This top is very attractive. I think the more simple outfits you make the better you become. Slowly introduce more challenging patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dorothy. Yes, I'm starting with simple ones first and then I'll graduate to more challenging ones later.

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous!! I am with you on the "simple" concept! I like that they go together quickly, and have less details to get right for fit. I honestly would have breezed past this tunic pattern, but your top shows it is worth taking a second look at. I don't see many Sew Simple patterns around. Do you buy them at Walmart? I think I will be checking out their line soon...: )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I bought all of mine at WalMart. I don't think I've ever seen them elsewhere. They are really good; and right now I need lots of basics to fill up my wardrobe, so they work well for that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you found your formula! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tunic top is absolutely lovely! gorgeous print in beautiful colours. You look stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes this is a great looking top I know will get a lot of wear! I totally agree with you and suspect there are many more of us who prefer the simple, fast and easy sewing now! Life has just gotten so very busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, time seems to be flying, which makes it really hard to fit sewing into our schedules. Thanks, Myra.

      Delete
  7. THis tunic is beautiful.. I love the fabric you chose.. I need to buy this pattern.. happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely buy it. You'll love it.

      Delete
  8. this is beautiful
    www.fashionitazbybuiti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I picked up this pattern and some fabric today. Hope my tunic turns as great as yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it will; it is such a great, simple pattern. Thanks.

      Delete