Monday, May 26, 2014

Butterick 5235 Dress


This dress almost ended up in the trash. It's my second version of Butterick 5235 and I thought it would be a quick project, but nope! Everything that could go wrong certainly did; I used my seam ripper so much on this project. It should have been completed last week but I just couldn't seem to able to get it done. First I had trouble inserting the zipper, then the sleeves wouldn't fit well. I'm so glad its over; I'm looking forward to a much simpler project. 


As much time as I spent on this dress, I'm going to make sure I get a lot of wear out of it. 


Happy sewing!

12 comments:

  1. Sorry the dress caused you so much trouble.. But , it is beautiful and looks great on you. Happy sewing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, is the time to turn around and make another one as to iron out the kinks. This is such a pretty pattern and the dress is gorgeous. Keep it moving as you're doing a great job adding to your wardrobe. I'm a fan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was thinking of doing, but I'm not sure that I have the energy for it right now. Thanks, Dorothy.

      Delete
  3. Your hard work has paid off! Your dress turned out beautifully and you look great in it :) The color suit you so well and I think the sleeves length are perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that this dress came out very nice for the trouble it gave you! I sometimes look at the "Yes, It's easy" logo on the pattern and laugh to myself! I have a way to making an "easy" garment take much more time too. Good for you for sticking it out--it looks worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know; some of their "easy" patterns aren't that easy after all. Thanks, Vanessa.

      Delete
  5. I take the word "easy" with a grain of salt.:-) Yes, the dress looks great on you. :-).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Vanessa and Wannasew. I find the "Easy" to be either time consuming or difficult to fit.

    I'm glad you spent the time to finish this dress. It looks great. I think you need a nice and quick and fun project.

    ReplyDelete