Thursday, May 8, 2014

Book Review│Threads Sew Smarter, Better, & Faster


I've been meaning to review this book for a while. It was published earlier this year and is basically a compilation of sewing tips by readers of Threads magazine. Its as if the whole sewing community got together and everyone just shared their special tips and tricks. I think any sewist would benefit from the wealth of information found in this book.


Don't expect detailed how-to's from industry experts; these are simply tips and techniques to help you become a more efficient sewist. It offers tips on everything from organizing your work space to working with fabric and patterns. There's even a section for quilters.


The book is organized into ten different parts, so you can jump straight to the topic that you need help with. For example, if you're having fitting issues, you can go straight to part six. The first five parts are:
Part One - Materials and more
Part Two - Sewing Secrets
Part Three - Mastering the Mechanisms
Part Four - Maximizing and maintaining your workspace
Part Five - Working with patterns and templates


I highly recommend this book; you'll be surprised by the creativity of some of the tips. Even if you've been sewing for a while, I think you'll definitely find this book useful. 

Happy sewing!

2 comments:

  1. I never heard of this one. I'll have to see if my library carries it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you may be able to find it at your local library. It really has some amazing tips.

    ReplyDelete