Saturday, April 26, 2014

Simplicity 6209 Dress - View D

Front view of the dress

Is that another Simplicity 6209 dress?? Yep, it sure is! And I LOVE it! (with a deep voice, like when Oprah's excited). I made all my seams french; I love french seams because they give the garment a nice, clean finish. We have nice weather here in Texas so I decided to take some pics outside. I love Spring! 



Another front view

Honestly, I had a hard time finishing off the armholes. I thought "sleeveless" would be easier than sleeves, but I was wrong. So this is an area I need to work on. I love sleeves though, so I don't anticipate making many sleeveless garments. But when I do, I need to be able to get it done right.

Back view

I used left-over fabric from my Simplicity 6053 skirt. I bought 2.5 yards of fabric from Jo-Ann's and it was enough to make a dress and a skirt! 

Side view

Don't you just love this rock? Me encanta!

As much as I love this pattern, it's time for me to put it away, and move on to others. 

Pattern cover

Keep sewing! Y'all are encouraging me so much with all your beautiful garments...




20 comments:

  1. It's a very lovely dress on you, so no wonder you have remade it - and nothing wrong with that - you know what you are doing, so it's a little quicker to sew, and it's economical too - patterns cost. It looks wonderful on, just right for the professional wardrobe - or if not for work, still conveys that image of you outside work, which is also important. That rock is a great backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah Liz. It definitely saves a lot of money and time. Yes, the rock is great; I think I'm gonna be taking more pictures there in the future.

      Delete
  2. Remaking a garment that fits as well as this is a wonderful thing. It's so cute and great for so many occasions that you'll probably make it again in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great dress! I've seen this pattern, yet I have never attempted it. You did a wonderful job, I hope you wear it often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Vanessa. I'll definitely wear it often. It is a great and simple pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I found your blog through Sarah Liz blog. I love your pretty dress, great fit and the color is one of my favorite color :-) Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This dress looks great. The pattern looks very versatile. I'm sure you could make a couple more variations before you tire of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Annette. It is a great pattern. The only thing I don't like about it is that there are too many pieces in it. I found a similar pattern by Kwik Sew with only two pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This dress is really cute on you! I absolutely love the color too! I am so happy you review this pattern, I have it but have not made it yet, so your review is very timely for me. Also, thank you for your nice comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Myra. You'll really love this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dress looks lovely on you and the armholes look very well finished!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely dress, so beautifully sewn , Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, Best Wishes Torie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Torie. You're welcome; I'm absolutely enjoying your book.

      Delete
  12. Love your red dress [my favorite color].. I love to reuse a pattern..Once you make it once, so easy the next time.. and who wouldn't want to make this again, when it turned out so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice dress great fit. Just a tip. Use the iron as much as possible. some fabrics might not allow you to, eg; a crinkle fabric. but iron out your seam or /an ssteam if neccessary. If you're like me and do not stitich straight , it helps gives the garment a professional finish.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Margot. I have a steam iron and I try to use it as much as possible. I still need to figure out how to get a professional finish on the hem.

    ReplyDelete